Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Few of my Favorite Dishes

When I go to a restaurant that I have been to before, I  usually attempt to try something new with every visit.  However, there are some dishes I must have each time to visit. These are dishes from 3 restaurant that stand out, and are my go to dishes when I visit these restaurants.   If you visit any of these restaurants, I highly recommended you try these dishes.



Hand cut egg pasta with butter and sage.  I will admit, if I had not done the tasting menu on my first visit, I would have never tried this dish.  First, there is not any sort of meat on the pasta. Second, it seems so simple and basic that even I could make at home, and  it would taste just as good.  WRONG!!!  Maybe it is the homemade pasta or maybe it is the butter (because everything taste better with butter, Right?), but this dish is heavenly. Sometimes the simplest of things are the best things.


Porcini Rubbed Delmonico with 15-Year Aged Balsamic.  I love steak.  There is nothing like a good steak.  I have had my fair share of steaks, good and bad.  This steak is one of the best steaks I have ever had.  I usually steer clear of chain restaurants. However, I think this steak is better than anything you will get a the Metropolitan.  The steak is tender, always cooked exactly the way I like it, and just has a great flavor to it.  Being from Oklahoma, my steak always has some A1 to accompany it.  This steak does not need A1. It stands out on it’s own.  I have been to The Capital Grill a handful of times, and every single time the steak is just as good as the very first time I ate it.



Fried fresh cauliflower florettes with la spiga’s herbed sea salt.  Cauliflower is not my favorite vegetable.  I find it blah, and I definitely do not like raw cauliflower.  So what better way to make cauliflower taste great...fry it up.  Now this is not your fried zucchini, or mushrooms like you have at Claim Jumpers.  This is a light crispy cauliflower, that brings out the flavor and the freshness of the cauliflower.  The herbed sea salt just gives it the final zing to the cauliflower that just brings everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment