Friday, January 3, 2014

Seattle Met 50 best things eaten

http://www.seattlemet.com/eat-and-drink/articles/the-50-best-things-i-ate-this-year-november-2013

I am ashamed to say there a few things on this list that I have not eaten.  I was sad that I had to go out of town this holiday, or my holiday break would have been eating all the good things I missed this year.  2014 will be catching up, and discovering new favorite dishes that might make the 2014 list.

One restaurant I recently visited on this list is Tanglewood Supreme http://tanglewoodsupreme.com/ in Magnolia.  We did the tasting menu for $45.  So worth the money, and a must do.

The Sake Poached Octopus was very tasty.  The octopus was very tender and a great flavor.  It reminded me of an octopus dish I had in Spain.  Any dish that reminds you of Spain is a good thing.  However, if I was writing my Top 50 list, the Alaskan Albacore Loin would have been on my list.  The tuna was perfectly cooked and so meaty.  The chantrelle broth was so flavorful.  When the dish was placed in front of me, I was not expecting this to be as good as it was.  Usually anything in a clear broth, is usually lacking in some flavor.  Seriously, I wanted to pick up the bowl and suck every bit of that broth from the bowl.  So if you do not do the tasting menu, order this and the scallops crudo.



No comments:

Post a Comment